Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Catholic Convert Gingrich Displays Protestant Bias

[Friends,  this article is from "TPM".  I post it only because it betrays Newt Gingrich's solid Protestant bias.  i.e. Gingrich's implication - in his interview below- that " the Virgin Mary was not perfect" . 

 There are those among us who are jaundiced towards converts --mostly because of  the deficient state of catechism for adult converts (RCIA classes) . How much Catholicism are they taught? (before they get paraded before the Faithful as modern-day St. Pauls "fresh from Damascus")


  Certainly Mr. Gingrich, who is "the smartest man in the room" could not so blithely say such a thing if he were:

either   a) aware of Catholic Marian dogma or

or         b) a serious student of his new Faith

or         c) more concerned with testifying to what is True than pandering to Christians who believe the Blessed Virgin was a sinner.


Perhaps I  am over-reacting?   ]

Newt: I’m Not The Perfect Candidate — Nobody Is Perfect, Except Christ

Newt GingrichNewt Gingrich





700396
(Gringrich) “I think — look, anybody who’s honest about it knows that no person except Christ has ever been perfect. So I don’t claim to be the perfect candidate. I just claim to be a lot more conservative than Mitt Romney, and a lot more electable than anybody else.
And I think if you look at my track record of reforming welfare, cutting taxes, balancing the federal budget for four straight years, leading House Republicans to their first majority in 40 years, and their first re-election as a majority since 1928, I think that stacks up pretty well.”
Gingrich has previously invoked the grace and forgiveness of God when dealing with a key imperfection of his: His past infidelity and divorces.

1 comment:

  1. It's me again. I have been writing about Speaker Gingrich for about 2 years now.

    I have a saying, it goes:

    Beware the leaven of the Newt.

    Please, watch this video and know that Speaker Gingich is not a proponent of the sovereignty of the United States:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWPz1Qdq1uI

    ReplyDelete