Wednesday, August 5, 2009

More about Life Teen's Concoctor

Sisters and brothers,I'm trying not to detract from anyone, but I don't believe it is a coincidence that both Archbishop Weakland who invented the 'hootenanny' [his word] youth masses and Msgr. Fushek who founded 'Life Teen' are numbered among the 'who's who' of those who have exposed the Church to skandal. I think it is fair to judge a movement by the character of its originators and it seems that both of these clerics are genuine characters ....

2 comments:

  1. Great blog! I just found it. I share your concerns regarding Lifeteen. I don't think it's good formation, and I don't think it strengthens Catholic identity. As a last resort, to get a truly recalcitrant child interested in some vague form of Catholicism, maybe, but if that's the case, the child is seriously lacking in formation, anyway, and is in a grave position. I don't see this as being any kind of real benefit.

    We're in the Dallas Diocese, and we kneel, and catch grief for it, regularly. Praise God, we have one orthodox Parish we can attend, even though its 45 minutes from our house.

    Ever been to Our Lady of Corpus Christi? We know a number of the SOLT priests - excellent, excellent fellows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Larry!

    We have a SOLT priest, Father Marsalek, taking over two of our Catholic schools here in Corpus Christi this year. We're expecting great things...maybe even the introduction of a Latin class.

    k.c.

    ReplyDelete