Thursday, February 20, 2014

Kneeling Catholic's comments about Pentecostals and His Holiness [Anchoress has now published this:-)]

[Updated, the Anchoress apparently did eventually [?] publish my comment, I received notice Saturday morning...and the responses to my comment did come from Friday...so I guess I just couldn't read the comments on Friday]

I commented the following regarding her post about the Holy Father's recent embrace of Bishop Palmer (not a real bishop...some kind of Anglican) @

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/theanchoress/2014/02/20/charismatic-the-pope-and-the-pentacostals-are-45-minutes-of-fascinating/

Hello Elizabeth!

I got about this far into your video and got pretty discouraged

....8:35 (Bishop Palmer) "sending my children to the Catholic Church which was so traditional, that was going to kill their Faith!".....

:-(




I have a lot of questions about the Holy Father's approach. Why, for instance, is Kenneth Copeland embraced and I am not? Pastor Copeland holds to a blasphemous Christology, claiming e.g. that our Lord was punished and reborn in hell.(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dwbNvBq7eQ)





 you can see some of Pastor  Copeland's anti-trinitarian teachings here (http://thewordonthewordoffaithinfoblog.com/2009/03/11/43-aberrantheretical-and-non-christian-theological-quotes-from-kenneth-copeland/) .  I am sure Pastor C holds these beliefs in good faith.  May I now embrace them as well?  (The Holy Father seems to be putting his stamp of approval on Pastor C 'as is')

The other problem I have is: from these gentlemen's demeanor I do not see any hint that either Bishop Palmer or Pastor  Copeland feel any need to become Catholic, (which is a problem, is it not?)

2 comments:

  1. Pentecostal Celtic Anglican Tradition?  This is an interesting post

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've stopped reading the Anchoress. About two years ago something on her blog changed.

    ReplyDelete

Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
Loading...
Loading...