In an earlier post, yours truly lamented how Pope Francis' outdoor Masses seemed
to be relaxing reverence for the Blessed Sacrament.... not in
comparison with Benedict's and JPII's -whose were quite dreadful per se, but rather with Francis' own high
standard which he himself has set for ' indoor Masses [e.g. zero hand Communion from
Pope with even the ordained kneeling to receive from the Holy Father, people being abruptly reminded to receive on the tongue ]
I think I spoke too soon! At the Sunday 12 May canonization
Mass...held outdoors, the Franciscan 'abrupt reminders' were back out in force and caught on camera @ 130min 30sec!!! There were some priests who still did 'their own thing' and passed out our Lord like Mardi Gras tootsie rolls, one of these distributed to physically and mentally handicapped persons. (I agree with not embarrassing such people!) Hand communicants were definitely a very tiny (and shrinking) minority of those caught on camera.
Earlier predictions by traditionalists and progressives, that Francis would...
1) fire Mons. Guido Marini, and replace him with 'dancing-girls-Marini'.
2) roll back Benedict's 'reform of the reform'
3) hold outdoor balloon Masses and (and ordain women and declare sodomy legitimate)
have not materialzed....
As even the pessimistic Rorate Caeli bloggers have stated: we have little to make predictions from other than from what has already happened e.g. today we would be blind and irresponsible not to note that we had.....
1) maintenance of the Benedictine altar arrangement
2) Gospel chanted in Latin.
3) The Holy Father reciting the Mass in Latin--(yes, 'pro multis')
4) The congregation and choir reciting the Gloria, Credo, Sanctus, Pater Noster, Agnus Dei in Latin.
5) The Pope's communicants kneeling to receive and an 'abrupt reminder' to one poor lady who apparently forgot that there's a new pope in town!
People like Seenyor Boffo and others who try to use Cardinal Bergoglio to assure us about what Pope Francis will 'really do', have already earned themselves a place with Dante's buttocks facing hall-of-famers. My advice to them, and to me, is: 'watch and learn'! (and leave the psychic stuff to real professionals ........