Sunday, July 24, 2011

"Te Deum" Blogger calls for Kneeling Catholic to come out of the anonymity closet

Maybe I deserve it! But my BFF over at Te Deum [whose blog name I wanted to use, but she had already owned it] wants her virtual friendship ring back! I commented on her Nuncio Sambi post and Te Deum responded.............



>>>>
1 CommentClose this window Jump to comment form

Diane M. Korzeniewski, OCDS said...
To "K.C." who submitted a comment:Given the gravity of Archbishop Sambi's illness, it was truly disappointing to see your comment which I promptly rejected. Being well familiar with your blog and your line of thought on things, I think it's time you man-up and come out from behind that pseudonym. You might think twice before you blog or comment when you can't hide behind anonymyity.[[you can say that again! I wouldn't blog or comment about anything!! Call me paranoid! my feelings won't be hurt.]]



As an aside, there is more to Catholicism than what you paint. 1 Corinthians 13:1* If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal. 2* And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 If I give away all I have, and if I deliver my body to be burned, * but have not love, I gain nothing. 4 Love is patient and kind; love is not jealous or boastful; 5* it is not arrogant or rude. Love does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; 6 it does not rejoice at wrong, but rejoices in the right. 7* Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 8 Love never ends; as for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For our knowledge is imperfect and our prophecy is imperfect; 10 but when the perfect comes, the imperfect will pass away. 11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child; when I became a man, I gave up childish ways. 12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall understand fully, even as I have been fully understood. 13 So faith, hope, love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.
Sun Jul 24, 12:02:00 PM 2011<<<<



btw, if someone is curious to know what I wrote--it's gone now off into cyber limbo-- but I think it contained basically the following....




1) Te Deum's utube video of the papal nuncio at a pro-life rally seemed to show him only reading the Holy Father's letter (not really speaking his own words).




2) It is hard to find any articles where the nuncio condemns abortion or homosexual marriage or stemcell research.




3) It is very easy to find pictures of the nuncio yukking it up with pro-choice politicians and giving at least one of them a very public hand Communion.




4) I will pray for the nuncio's soul....




[Is that about it, Diane?]



BTW everyone, please do pray for the Nuncio's soul, and that he will in the future refrain from giving scandal to those of us who like to see the Church's positions portrayed with clarity and less nuance, and apparent contradiction.




[[update! Since the Nuncio has passed away RIP, I'm not accepting any more comments. Sorry, Tancred! ]]

2 comments:

  1. Here is exactly what you wrote, which is still in my email inbox. You can have it for your own blog, but I'm not interested in moderating such thing.

    Forgive me for having my head down in prayer and not wanting to kick a man while he is in a hospital bed, on a ventilator.

    Your unmoderated comment:

    Diane,

    Was the Archbishop only reading the Holy Father's letter?

    I did look at Rocco Palma's list of "blunt" quotations from the "Super Nuncio". I did word searches for "abortion", "homosexual marriage", "stemcell", just to see how bluntly the he presented the Pope's cultural message. I came up empty. :-(

    OTOH I can find some nice pictures of him chumming it up with the President,giving hand Communion to Senator Kerry, and going gaga over the President's choice of a pro-choice Catholic as ambassador to the Vatican.

    I will pray for his soul.


    As I stated in my blogpost. Come out from behind that pseudonym and make your posts and your comments using your real name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is absolutely nothing wrong with anonymity. In fact, it is sometimes the only way a person can feel comfortable to say what is really on their mind. And that is simply because as faithful, orthodox kneeling Catholics, we are often misunderstood and pegged as "schismatic" or as judgey against those who receive in the hand. That is not always true, and sometimes we want to avoid all the assumptions that come with it.

    We certainly want to avoid those assumptions in our real day to day life, especially considering many kneeling Catholics are very active in parish life. Who wants to be the odd man out even more so than we already are? I support your anonymity, K.C. Even as an anonymous blogger, you will always remain faithful to the One True Faith because you know in your heart that Christ sees all! You don't need people to "keep you in line"! God already does that. :) God bless you.

    ReplyDelete