Monday, December 14, 2020

RIP CHARLIE PRIDE


This is last year, where Charlie was still performing at 85 years old...Note  0:04 the audience of "deplorables"



@ 3:00 of his 2017 interview

When I when I first started 
giving interviews and all different  
reporters would say: "now Charlie how does 
it feel to be the Jackie Robinson of 
country music?",  or "how does it feel to be 
the first colored country singer?" or "
how does it feel to be the first Negro 
country singer" or Charlie how does it  
feel to be the first Afro- American 
country singer?" I said I feel the same way as when I was "colored" 
 I don't feel no different..... so 
I try to narrow it down to that and they 
say "well which one do you want?" I said well "
that's four of them,"  I said "well I'm 
Charlie pride the staunch American!" 

No comments:

Post a Comment